Delivery and Pickup Information
J&J Furniture is a local, family owned business. We take great pride in our delivery and pick up service! The J&J Family want to exceed your expectations, especially after your purchase. We will do all we can to make sure that your pickup or delivery experience is professional and hassle free. Our delivery teams are dedicated J&J Employees and not a third party source or contract workers. Our drivers have years of experience delivering furniture. They are experienced in making difficult deliveries and look for various options in making successful deliveries. Our delivery process begins 48 hours in advance of the delivery. The product is opened, assembled and inspected by master craftsmen with decades of experience. Each order is then packaged and inspected again to ensure that it arrives in your home in showroom quality condition. Our drivers will perform a white glove service, where we will assemble and place your product in your home and remove all packing materials.
In order to ensure the best possible service, we would like for you to take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our delivery policies and procedures. We would also like for you to provide us with any information you feel could help us with your delivery. If there is any part of our delivery process that you do not fully understand, please ask your sales associate for additional clarification.
- Due to storage costs and other customer demands, we will hold your furniture for 30 days from the day the purchase is made. If items are out of stock at the time of purchase, we will hold your purchase for up to two weeks after the furniture arrives in our warehouse. On clearance and floor samples, your purchase must be picked up within 72 hours or delivered within 10 days of the time the purchase was made.
- Delivery fees will be charged each time a truck delivers or picks up merchandise.
Delivery fees are non-refundable.
- Delivery includes preparation, assembly and set-up of merchandise to one address.
- Prior to our arrival, please remove old furniture and clear pathways to ensure unobstructed access for our delivery team.
- Due to insurance regulations, our delivery teams are restricted from moving any electronic equipment or existing furniture already in the home (upon request we will be happy to remove and dispose of old mattresses if in sanitary condition).
- Customer must arrange to be home or have a responsible adult (18 yrs. or older) there to accept and sign for delivery.
- Upon request, we will attempt to contact customer at work or an alternate number 30 minutes prior to our truck's arrival to meet us at the home.
- Deliveries will be scheduled through our delivery office on the available date in the customer’s area. A delivery window will be assigned the day of the delivery and we will attempt to contact you by phone to give an estimated delivery time frame.
- Due to the high volume of deliveries that go out daily, we are unable to request specific time frames. Deliveries are routed based on the location of the home. Your order is opened, inspected, and assembled beginning 48 hours in advance of your delivery. For this reason, we are unable to cancel a delivery within 2 business days of the scheduled delivery. If you should cancel a delivery within this time, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $50.00.
Merchandise Pick-Up Information
J&J Furniture Distribution Center
3314 Werkland Street / Mobile, AL 36607
Pickups are available Tuesday – Saturday from 10am – 5:30 pm
Closed on Sundays and Mondays
Phone (251) 473-9630
J&J Furniture’s Distribution Center is available in order to give our customers instant access to their in stock purchases. We are conveniently located just off of the I-65 East Service Road, just North of the Dauphin Street exit (exit 4). Click here for directions. Please read the information below so that we can make your pick-up experience as quick and hassle free as possible.
- Please bring original receipt and photo ID.
- For the quickest pick-up service please bring appropriate size vehicle for your load.
- Although we are pleased to assist you in loading your merchandise onto your vehicle, it is the customers’ responsibility for the safety of the load. Before leaving, you must insure your load is secure and safe. Once you leave the J&J pick up dock the merchandise and safety of your load becomes your responsibility.
Important Safety Instructions
- In order to transport your purchase safely, please pick them up in a vehicle of appropriate size and type. It is recommended that a covered truck or van be used to transport any item that cannot fully fit and be secured in the bed of your pickup or trailer bed.
- It is recommended that no item be placed on the top of any vehicle or any vehicle rack.
J&J does not recommend that you transport any item under unsafe circumstances. Should you elect to do so, you act at your own peril and acknowledge that J&J has informed you that what you are doing is an unsafe and ill-advised activity. Under no circumstances will J&J be responsible for loss/damages incurred once merchandise leaves the loading dock.
If you are concerned about the safety of your load, please contact our staff to take advantage of J&J’s own professional delivery service.
- For questions regarding the availability of merchandise, please contact your sales associate.
- Customers who pick up merchandise at our distribution center are serviced on a first-come, first-serve basis. Wait times may vary and depend in part on the type and quantity of merchandise to be picked up.
- Customers must present their sales receipt along with photo identification in order to pick up their merchandise.
- Merchandise that is picked up may be in cartons and require assembly.
- Please remember to inspect your furniture thoroughly before leaving our warehouse.
- We will be pleased to assist you in loading your merchandise. However, it is your responsibility to verify that your merchandise is properly loaded and secured before you leave the dock.
- Customer’s signature on the pick-up ticket will verify acknowledgement of receipt of merchandise in good condition.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may occur after leaving our dock.